Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Anthem

My heart is a perpetual motor of many things:
Rebellion, wisdom, cunning, and energy.
It marches on in time to electric heart beats,
It swaggers with guile, like showroom elites.
It's powered by superova catalysts,
Conducting exuberant teen lust and bliss.
My heart is an ever running motor of many things,
But emanating youth and class are its specialty.

I'm doing this meaner than I've ever done, with nonstop sincerity,
Power pouring out of every pore, words restraining all the rivalry.
A gapless transition from the naive to the new, the vandals and the crew,
From freckled featherless murders to whatever weapon you choose.
A demanding dialect of leaders flows out without pause,
And with it comes bravado from the elegance marching forth.
With wisdom and integrity comes a timeless appeal,
Homogenized with personal taste to conduct the classic feel.
Reformed to perfection.
Progression to power.
Corruption of class to create something better.
Who doesn't want to keep growing?
To acquire more sophisticated palettes to add onto one's self and refine?
Take control of change, of maturation, possess it, and
March on to the next one.

The streetlight twinkle like glamour on my fucked Trans Am,
Curving down the skylines mocking sideways spines.
I'm stuffing orifices with chemical fires from bags,
Cuz we're heading to a disco horse trailer for the thongs between the thighs.
Live fast, mother fucker! Move like a stolen car,
Taken from your daddy while he flirts at the bar!
Laugh at the candied kids getting high at bargain prices,
All the while your conscience sits at home questioning,
"What are you doing with your life?"
I've never had a night I couldn't exchange for filmed filth,
And I've never stuck a gun inside a hole that didn't need to be filled.
For sex and glory, mother fucker! For fame in chaos, we stand!
For all the things you want coming from being in a fucked up band!
"This is the anthem: burn out, die young"
I hear you bud, loud and clear, but let me say;
I'm living young and dying young either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment