Saturday, September 7, 2013

ELEPHANT

The fire stripped to the embers and swayed.
I rest my head by the heat and pray for rain
Do you hear the sound of the blaze beating the dirt like drums?
Reflection grins of something unsung.
And midnight haze intoxicates and amazes
With sweet scents and visions of what's to come.

Oh Lord, don't mourn,
I'm just a trying man.

I've rid of malice,
But crawl before you stand.

Have islands in your eyes?
Or are they skylines meant to hold me down?
So hung up on your guise,
That I've gone over and hung myself.
I make new empathy last eternal, 
proven hatred allows new trials to come.

Oh Lord, don't mourn,
I'm just a trying man.

I've rid of malice,
But crawl before you stand.

Come on, be strong,
And take your dying breath.
ust give, I promise
You'll smile at what's left.

I.M.N.E.L.E.P.H.A.N.T.

Two months after the separation,
Taking the miscarried womb from the numb safe hands of a familiar city.
This is the last bit of sophisticated apology I have to offer.
Don't mistake this for conformity to your disheveled taste,
You're the one who's being left behind.
You're the one who's far away gaze takes us both off this treasured path.
The violence begat from our mourning hearts seeped into our minds,
Skull-fucking them into stepping backwards into primitiveness.
You're the one who's being left behind,
You're the one who's being left behind!

You're now a fucking carnal vessel,
Thinking with your cunt on how to get more eyes batted your way.
I will overcome, I will persevere and prosper!
Now draw your fucking gun!
Shot and cower behind your blasphemous weapon!
This violence begets vengeance,
And the universe tends to unfold as it should.
Yes, the universe tends to unfold as it should.
The universe tends to unfold as it fucking should!

No comments:

Post a Comment