Monday, March 23, 2020

Semicircles

We came out looking for a better life,
Evil carnal partners lapping everything in sight.
From our dismal desires came the need for more,
We were left alone, scratching at Eros’ door.
We hold our sadness so tight to our chests,
Like a precious disease that’s only ours to possess
We clamored and swayed, spewing mayhem in every way,
Until the night our paths crossed, when revelations were made.

The past is a vulture, picking at our sacred thoughts
Making us thrash at others until everything is lost.
Your passionate love was in tune with mine,
But the timing was wrong, our needs didn’t align. 
Like an only child, selfish and brimming with fear,
Insecurities set in stone from underwhelming years.
Like semicircles, love was sent and received,
But nothing was returned, it sat incomplete.
You fought for what was good, I swallowed it whole,
Selflessness is your forte, something I can’t control.

But how I did love you, from the moment we met,
A feeling so pure, not of jealousy or regret.
I knew in my soul that this was divine,
That we had found each other in such frivolous time.
Your beauty incomparable, your cleverness and wit
Are insurmountable, they truly are your gift
Your awareness of others, your genuine kind spirit
Is worthy of envy, I admired and feared it.
Your intellect, creativity, your eye for the arts,
Your loving, kind nature, it all comes from the heart.
I truly am fortunate to have you love me like you do,
I cherished each day I had the chance to be with you.
If I could go back in time and make all the wrongs right,
I’d give it all up just to have us create a life.

Should I ever want to retire from this life
Leave my dreams and recluse into a boring nothing
Please remind me gently of how great life is
When someone introduces you to their world
There’s a lot to be discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment