Saturday, January 4, 2014

Pictures

I don't want to ruin my pre-conceived thoughts of how I think you are.
I'd rather just sit in my disillusion of what you're really up to.
But in all honesty, it's probably not that bad.
I just don't want to know. At least not tonight.

Let's wait until tomorrow when I can find an activity 
To keep me occupied if it is upsetting.
But I think I have to approach it eventually and know
The truth just so I can deal with it accordingly.
The truth is usually a bit painful though, no matter what it is.
It makes me think a lot.
It makes me think and fantasize about realities and situations
That I shouldn't.

Then I make myself feel that pain just so I can absorb it
And then react accordingly.
I hurt myself, basically.
But it's all in an effort to know the truth
Get better, and grow.
Blame it on the OCD.

I just want to keep that pretty little picture of you untainted in my head.
But I need to embrace the ugly truth.
I just hope the truth isn't that ugly.
Maybe even pretty.
As pretty as you.

No comments:

Post a Comment