Friday, January 3, 2014

The Game of Abstaining

I can't help but hope for the burning.

Your tainted crooked smile smears across one cheek to the other,
Licking away at the fulfillment you enjoy as you taste sweet revenge.
One lover lied to another, one lover between another.

I hope that sense of satisfaction gasps like a vile perfume when it's gone,
When the lie of abstinence and devotion creeps up and murmurs
It's little revelations and corruptions into your ear:
"What you did to him, is what will happen to you.
What you said to him, will it happen to you too?"

The smoke you blew clouds and faded away any second guessing,
Any reluctance to embrace what typically happens time and time again.
I hope the lie was worth his embrace. I hope the lie chokes you down.
I hope you take one look at your new love and realize it was built on the corpse of another.

You choked the life out of yourself in the process, you will never heal.
Your open sores you suggest only to me and hide in the face of your new fuck
Will only fester and rot with the years going by.
I hope your deception tasted sweet, because mine will be sweeter.
A relationship built upon the lie of another will devastate you all.

You will burn for this, I will smile from the smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment