Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Bitter As My

Take them as they come,
Be that as it may,
Qué será, será; and other trite condolences

Jealousy is a wretched, contorted look on you
Your face bunched like a tree of mop heads
The lungs, sporadic. Twisting. Tightened tomb
Solidified, fractured, splintered into shreds
You stepped outside and saw putrid Pheme,
Her amphetamine trumpet shaking the floor
Unrequited actions begat actions greedily
Nicotine disease eating away at your angry door

Thunderclouds in a brown beehive,
Gagging on the smoke and ephemeral contempt
I hate you
And I’ve never met you
Or shared a word with you

Sickly neon penetrating my prizes,
My earnings,
What’s mine is yours, you shook it free
We’ve never met
And yet you have everything I own now
Is this jealousy? I know we’re both cowards.

No comments:

Post a Comment