Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Lovely Sadie Rose, part II

Seventeen birth defects,
One older than the last,
Because I’ve been riding on the backs
Of emotionless emotives;
From Seattle to San Diego,
Everybody needs more love than what’s given

It’s been eighteen years since we’ve talked,
Your name keeps on changing,
But I haven’t forgotten about you
Your mother is out there,
Probably self-indulgent and throwing tantrums
But she’s a nice woman, honest.

It’s been nineteen days since I’ve been back,
And every breath is a heart attack,
Suckling at videotape seascapes;
Today I slept until I could even awake.

It’ll be 20 more years until I get to see you again
I hope that next time
I’ll be happier to see you.
Don’t go home just yet,
I think I hear a bass drum in conjecture
With your departure.
Until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment