Monday, September 7, 2009

Cedric: Carpenter Limbs - Chapter Three: Dreaming

I fell in, face first, into a mural

Of carapaces devouring one another.

I’m cooking bibles into my vitals,

Sweating them out soundly in my catalyst-like dreams.

You’re spilling oils into my tapestries,

You’re skinning flesh into crooked smiles,

You’re selling heat strokes to the unbridled children!

She walked in on me sleeping and slipped into my throat,

She came out another fan, clasping hands with a hooker in stilettos.

She came out on top, her mind set on matchmaking and burning gold.

We’re running wild and restless in fields of talent agencies,

And now we’re hiding out in crooked bomb shelters, starving off of the

Tiger’s hideous moan.

We’re killing innocents with just a simple sway of my hips and a serenade from your lips,

And now we’re bigger than movie stars!

Pour napalm in the open orifices, and choke the cartilage with your veins!

Pump venom into every single tree! I saw the bones in my face set ablaze!

Set fire to picket fence cartels!

Torch the neon-clad temptress in her home!

Set fire to the gazing, crackling skulls!

Set chemicals in your own fucking head ablaze!

This amputated rival sets a course in desperation,

And this trophy wife is getting restless and wants to set love on fire!

She called me up late one night, and offered to steal me bayonets,

She couldn’t hear the clamor of heels dancing upon her tourniquets.

I awoke in a nauseating gasp for breath,

Sweating out my fears in anticipation of what dreams can tell.

And that was exactly it: It was a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment