Monday, September 7, 2009

In My Past Life, I Wrote Poetry For Girls

All the world is a stage of social trial-and-error
That grows ripe four years into your teens, and blooms into a network.
Now these scribbles & sonnets & crafts all beg to adorn her
But callous words saturate from the worst.

So right now, all I need
Is a deity who's heart is prone to change;
For the imbalance in me
Is a Devastator that pushes up weeds in the rain.

I grow bruises in salt with a smug sense of aplomb,
I throw kisses away towards the sea.
I can ravage you whole while you calculate colds
Then when it's done, the past is my plea.
We are wrath reincarnate, we are guises so worn
That we can't tell blemishes from intent
Live overexposed films, we were enjoyed when concealed,
But too much revealed choked out the lens.

The film portrays...
1: Our characters meet
2: They safely interact
3: True intent and deeper personalities are shown
4: A mistake is made
5: The make-or-break

Routine falls into predictability, which falls into pithy attempts
Shallow words hit shallow shores that resuscitate recited "love poetry".
Vain attempts for something that won't rot at first touch are greeted with disgust
Until you pierce that mirrored veil, the one that resembles your own.
"Let's take off these veils, one thread at a time."
Sunrise, sunset; it always stays the same.
Only the characters change, and to what degree the repercussions are.

Live and learn,
Forgive and forget,
Tame your own monsters,
Love is what you get.

Three cheers for chivalry and courtship.

No comments:

Post a Comment