Monday, September 7, 2009

Cedric: Carpenter Limbs - Overture

I was born under carpenter limbs,
Babbling under canopies like a wound-up locomotive.
My heart was born with two parts glass, 300 parts cocaine,
So my blood screams indecisiveness and turns in every which way when I sleep.
Life begins at 15, and mine has been nothing more than a clip-art programme.
I gave birth to a nearly 2-year-old blessing that died under its own weight.
I crack my ribs exclusively for “show me more!” girls,
Who toss love around like a used pair of wrinkling cells.
Their skulls are clicking under the pressure of a two-ounce drum,
Attuned to the beats that my strings and guitars give out.
My fans demand sexuality, “yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah!”
And my agent uses kaleidoscope tongues to make crowds of lambs
Sway and swoon under the palm-tree-breeze.
Most importantly, my last thoughts as a one-year-young adult
Are drowned by the clicks of cameras and the draw of silicone and plastic
Buried in someone else’s skin, or better yet, purse.
Hello, my name is Cedric.

No comments:

Post a Comment